[3830] ARRL 10 W0AIH(NE9U) SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 10 15:53:54 EST 2018

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: W0AIH

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: wi
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  724    67
  SSB:  328    48
-------------------
Total: 1052   115  Total Score = 401,350

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

A bittersweet honor to put the W0AIH callsign back on the air for this contest.
It was great seeing and talking to Mary before and after the contest.

I last talked to Paul on the Friday before heading to PJ4 for CQWW SSB.  He was
excited to come over to my new QTH when I got back to help me plan out my new
antennas.  It was a shock getting the phone call while still in PJ4.  Paul was a
big part of my life the past 30 years and the reason I love contesting,
especially multi-op contesting.  He will live in my heart forever.

Other than for 3 hours Saturday morning, the whole contest was a grind from the
black-hole.  The Saturday morning opening to the east coast was fair...3 hours
of 120 rates.
Before and after that, no E openings.  Just grind it out....mainly scatter and
back scatter.  Lots of ESP contacts.
I kept waiting for the 20/9 E explosion to happen, but it never did.

Went to bed Saturday night with 817 qso in the log.  Only 235 more qso Sunday.

Saturday did have a surprise couple hours of South America DX.  Sunday it only
lasted about 1/2 hour.  Not a lot of XE multipliers in the log.

Funniest Qso was working a guy in Jamaica who claimed he was sitting at a beach
bar.  I told him to drink a Cruzian Confusion for me (An NP2X thing)

My five highest multiplier states:

Minnesota 86
Florida   78
Texas     70