[3830] ARRL 10 N7MZW SO SSB Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 10 16:16:46 EST 2018

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SO SSB Unlimited LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY

   CW:   0      0
  SSB:  16     11
-------------------
Total:  16     11  Total Score = 352

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's ARRL 10 Meter Contest Log 5.6
CONTEST: ARRL-10
CALLSIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY.
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: 10M
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: 2.5 HRS.
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado
CLAIMED-SCORE: 352
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: Wyoming
ADDRESS-POSTAL CODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1 at gmail.com
SOAPBOX: Icom IC-706MKIIG with 80 watts output,Vectronics HFT-1500 Manual
Tuner,Heil Pro Micro Headset,and ZS6BKW dipole up 50 feet running N-S at 6,053
feet elevation in Laramie County,Wyoming,Grid DN-71.A real slog of a contest.
LOTS of spots seen,but only a precious few heard my 80 watts signal from my wire
antenna. 2 each Argentina, 1 Costa Rica, and 1 Dominican Republic was my only
DX. Another 12 contacts from the US made up the rest of this limited effort.
Many stations heard sounded watery or distorted,and the QSB was as rapid and
deep as I have ever heard. This test begged for stacked Yagis and a QRO Amp.
Maybe next year,we can make the turn in the current sun spot cycle before the
2019 running of this event,but I'm not gonna hold my breath. November Seven Many
Zebras Walking
END-OF-LOG: