[3830] ARRL 10 K3EST(@N6RO) SO CW Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 10 18:37:07 EST 2018

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST
Station: N6RO

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: EBAY

   CW:  455    60
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  455    60  Total Score = 109,200

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I went into the contest thinking to just learn more about propagation.
Friday nite I had 42 QSOs all but 7 with CA. Sat the first Q was about 1430z and
then QSOs dribbled in to about 1730z. Then I heard Howie, N4AF in NC about 55.
After I worked him I called CQ and what a surprise! In the next 3 hrs I had 300
QSOs with all W1-w5 and W8-9 states except RI. Wrked about 5 VE3 but no other
eastern VE. Almost everyone was loud. 66% of all my Q's were those 3 hrs. I was
hoping for a repeat Sun but it never happened. Missed MN, ND, SD, IA, NE + RI.
It is common from out here in N.CA during poor sunspots to miss those W0
areas...Strange that KS seemed to hit a ion cloud for 2 QSOs. Never heard any
stn from the other W0's although N0NI and KC0W were spotted many times.
...Sunday suddenly the band was open to loud Ve7, VE6 and VE5. Wrked 1 KH6 and 1
ZL never heard VK although listened many timers. Only J3 from Zone 8. No Asia,
AF. 3 XE's
Thanks to Ken N6RO for providing entertainment via football games and
reintroducing me to Johnny Cash! And of course use of the stn.
Thanks to all the surprised east coasters!
73
Bob, K3EST