[3830] ARRL 10 K2DRH SO SSB Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 12 19:54:38 EST 2018

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K2DRH
Operator(s): K2DRH
Station: K2DRH

Class: SO SSB Unlimited LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:
  SSB:  374    53
-------------------
Total:  374    53  Total Score = 39,644

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Made it back to the home QTH in IL Thursday night after spending a couple months
in the Keys and down south, just in time for the 10M test.  Friday night was a
surprise with some spotty Es to FL and even a few South Americans besides the
locals.  It moved around to TX and even a few NE stations popped in from time to
time on Ms.  No great rate, but steady pickins and by 10 PM I logged 86 QSOs …
about 70% of what I did for the whole 2017 contest!

Saturday started slow so there was little use in getting up early, but by 1500Z
Es picked up to the NE and I had my best hour at just over 100 around 1600Z.
It moved to the SE and slowed way down but still stayed pretty steady with a lot
of SA thrown in until 2030 when it dropped out completely. Very few Caribbean,
or Canadian Province; a handful of stations out west and only two Mexican
States.  By 1900 I wasn’t getting many more calls but could still pick a few
off on the second VFO.  I heard CA around 1800 as I was S&P to SA but none
called me on my CQ freq, and when I turned west to call CQ and check out a few
spots, none were heard.

Sunday was hours and hours of static with little return.  My best hour was 11,
my worst was zero with lots of single digits and more than a few 1s. But all in
all the band was MUCH better than last year!

73 de Bob K2DRH