[3830] RAC Winter K0JP SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 29 19:02:45 EST 2018

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: K0JP
Operator(s): K0JP
Station: K0JP

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 6:30

   40:   67     17       6         6
   20:   66     24       5         8
   15:   14              3
   10:    1              1
Total:  148     41      15        14  Total Score = 35,670

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Interesting conditions. The Q with VE3EK on 10 was a real surprise and, because
I only went there to check something on rig keying, had I not had the band scope
on the new IC-7300 I would never have known he was there. No other signals heard
on either 10 or 6 meters. 15 mostly deserted and the long-wire refused to tune
with the internal tuner on 80. 40 and 20 were quite good and the IC-7300 worked
extremely well on SSB! VY1RAC was a surprise on SSB but, while all other mults
were worked at least once, never heard NU or NT on any band/mode. I had planned
to operate from Kenora, ON, with my VE call (VE3RUA) but the family up there
came down with the flu and we stayed away. Overall it was fun!