[3830] TBDC VE9AA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 07:18:37 EST 2018

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN66 (NB)

Total:  QSOs = 136  Total Score = 531

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

mobile mobile mobile ! running a modified Scorpion SA-680S on a 2009 MINI.

This was a tough slog from the MINI COOPER.  I think this is my 3rd Stew
MOBILE.

I won't soon be doing another one mobile, as it's just too gosh darn slow.

For me, condx were way way down and noise was way up. I was parked partway
between the house and the HV lines at the road.(100' from each) QRN from lines
was s3 and weird noises from house electronics sporadically s5.  In a way this
was good as I didn't call any super weak stn's that couldn't hear me anyways.

I heard a couple EU,(OM3BH loudest) but zero chance for a QSO.

I worked one DX...a US VI stn. *yay!  No PAC NW or Pacific stns even heard.

W1/2/3/VE2/3/VO1 was relatively easy early on, then became much harder.

Breaking into 4-land was tough. A real wall there, tho NR4M was loud and wkd
easily.

NA7TB peaked very early on here (well before midnight)...as did N2IC (my only 7
and 5 land stns)

Did hear N6RK (539) but no QSO despite calling many times. No 6's worked.

Squeaked out a vy few Q's each with 8/9/0/5 (NA8V best ears and signal,that
direction)

W1BB wkd so I bet that was Jeff. K1ZM. Tnx

Thanks for all the Q\\\'s  If you worked me 2nite give yourself a pat on the
back.

I'll find somewhere to post a picture of the modified SA-680S antenna on the
MINI.

CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.

dit dit

Mike in NB, VE9AA........FN66