[3830] TBDC KA1J Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 09:07:43 EST 2018

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KA1J
Operator(s): KA1J
Station: KA1J

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 153  Total Score = 1,416

Always a good time. K3s/sloper 75' high max.

Was happy to work W1BB, nice to have the memorial station in this contest. The
band was fantastic for DX at this location but most of the DX I heard did not
hear me. Such is the bane of QRP, water water everywhere and not a drop to
drink...

I'd laid out another 5-7 radials ranging between 70' - 130' in length, bringing
me close to 50 if not more radials. Not sure it helped any but I did manage to
work KH6LC and LZ9W for my two best DX.

I will forever miss W5WMU, I always looked forward to working him in the
contests. It was good to hear VE3MGY, we always look forward to making the
contest Q.

Thanks to all who managed to pull my signal out of the mud and I sure understand
those who didn't care to take the time to dig out QRP signals.

73 & HNY to all of us,

Gary
KA1J