[3830] TBDC W7RH Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 15:08:57 EST 2018

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W7RH
Operator(s): W7RH
Station: W7RH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ

Total:  QSOs = 88  Total Score = 714

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Well Gents, I knew the geomagnetic disturbance was coming but didn't think it
would last as long and be as intense.

This wiped out virtual all chance of working Europe and it seems many just
stayed in bed elsewhere. There are times where I just don't get excited and this
was one.

Strictly S&P operation. I heard two EU stations both working stations. I
heard none calling CQ. A limited number Of JA, UA stations were worked. I heard
the tail end of a ZL3 and I think also VK3IO but no QSO. None were calling CQ,
instead just marching up the line of the NA CQ machines. Luckily I was able to
pick up HK1MW by calling him just up from his last contact. NP2/KP4, KH6, KL7
and VO1HP helped fill the gap.

After a couple weeks of good to very good propagation i just wasn't feeling it.
I'm not a die hard contester but do enjoy the fray once in a while. These days
I tend to prefer just operating.

May the propagation gods give their blessings for the CQ 160 test.
Best DX and 73
Bob, W7RH