[3830] TBDC N6RO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 17:13:50 EST 2018

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

Total:  QSOs = 188  Total Score = 973

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Got on for a few short spurts, not planning on a serious effort. Topband was the
quietest I've heard this season, and skip to eastern USA was good (but no EU),
had some peak rates of 190/hr during prime time. During my third 'spurt', my
trusty old Alpha 76 became ill - power output dropped followed by the
unmistakable smell of a component 'smoking'.  I rested the amp for a while,
tried again for a few Qs, but the output fell off again. I could have continued
at another position, but shut down at 0830z and retired to the TV to watch
recorded football and hockey!

In my final spurt I found many long-time friends, including Shige at JA3YBK.
Nice to exchange HNY with old buddies!