[3830] TBDC K2AV Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 21:53:25 EST 2018

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K2AV
Operator(s): K2AV
Station: K2AV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 1:57

Total:  QSOs = 195  Total Score = 849

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Massive cold, mostly in bed since Christmas, but got on a little anyway. Was
very hard to remain BIC, but managed three spaced out 40 minute sessions. Glad I
did. Wonderful conditions to miss a full effort, but c'est la vie.

Was having a hard time typing, so blown QSO's may be really bad this year. Some
of the fills were due to coughing while other bloke sending.

Didn't have the SAL-30 up yet, but heard some really loud EU on the L. I get
over this cold and we get a break in all the rain to work out in the back woods,
hopefully will finally get it up and running before CQ 160.

All-time record annual rainfall this part of NC. Water table is up at the grass.
Have to wear knee boots to keep socks dry, and the water constantly seeps out of
the woods to the backyard drainage swale.

N6RO transcontinental report: Worked Ken S&P this contest, doing all the
loud peaks on the P3 panadapter. Strong signal, again louder than a lot of
midwest signals. Nice way to exchange HNY.

Really loud signals from EU: UW2M (!!!) and G3OLB. Tom I expect. Roman was a
wowser.

K3 + Acom 2000A (Tnx N3ND). Inv L over FCP.

73 & HNY, Guy