[3830] TBDC N9TF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 22:43:43 EST 2018

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 271  Total Score = 1,101

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Band was pleasantly quiet with lower noise floor for a change. Propagation to
the west was certainly in good condition. I was able to work all that I heard up
and down the west coast for a change. Even had WA and OR call me while CQing.
Usually my noise floor is so high, S9 to 10 over, only the strong stations are
heard. An S5-7 noise level this time around was a real gift!
This Stew looks to be my personal best since playing in it. 271 Qs is 64 more
than my best ever, as is 134 grids worked. With Qrp and low power bonus points
yet to be added to the score, I should easily post a personal best overall
score.
Worked 5 DX, PJ2, KV4, NP2, and 2 XE stations. Heard one DL as I stopped to
listen a W4 working a ton of EU. The DL was the only one I was able to copy.
Other than that DL, I heard no other EU.
Also never heard KH6 or AK.
Thanks for all the Q's. Sorry to those who called and I was unable to hear. RX
and TX antenna, one in the same.
Next up for me is RTTY-RU. Will be all RTTY, no FT8. And then the NAQP
Challenge!

Rig, K3S 100 watts to a W8AMZ shortened (67') half sloper at 35' apex sloping to
4' above ground. Laid out some additional 65' radials and one 135' radial,
snaking and weaving around the back yard, a few days before the contest.
No receive antennas.

73 Gene
N9TF