[3830] CQ160 CW HB9CA Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 3 02:12:28 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: HB9CA
Operator(s): HB9BGV HB9BUN HB9CAT HB9DDO
Station: HB9CA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Letzi

Total:  QSOs = 1456  State/Prov = 34  Countries = 78  Total Score = 918,848

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Based on last year's experience we improved RX through a new 8-square HiZ system
optimized for 160m in addition to the usual Beverages; It performed very well.
Condx were variable during the weekend, but in general quite poor towards the
US
except for a nice opening at sunrise on Saturday morning; nice finish on Sunday
with a good long opening to Asia / JA
Unfortunately the TX vertical could only be mounted on Saturday morning, that
obviously impacted our overall score.
As usual big motivation given by the online scoring system, while we played
catching up in the second half.
Hopefully next year we'll make it being ready on time, see you all in the SSB
section.
Marco HB9CAT