[3830] MnQP W0K(W6NF) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 3 20:56:43 EST 2018

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: W0K
Operator(s): W6NF
Station: W6NF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN

  160:       1        0
   80:      65        0
   40:     126        5
   20:      78       12
-------------------------
Total:     264       17  Mults = 79  Total Score = 44,398

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Score does not include 500 bonus points for ten FT8 QSOs.

That was really fun. Heard no signals at all on 10/15 and 20 was very poor. 40
was very good and 80 was outstanding. 80 was good enough that I never got to 160
save for a quick listen and one QSO. I had 129 more Qs than last year and 8 more
mults with a claimed score that is more than doubled this year. I did little
S&P, which is unusual. Running on 20 was a struggle but I was surprised I
could run on 80 late in the afternoon which made up for 20's poor showing.

My XYL and I had planned a multi-op effort but phone was so poor on all bands
but we abandoned that idea quickly. I had to bail on 40 early with considerable
XE RTTY activity from 7040 to 7055. Between that activity and the FOC operation
many usually reliable calls were missing but there were plenty of other stations
to work in their stead.

It was fun hearing all the 1x1 calls. I did manage to work 31 of the available
74 1x1 calls. Apologies to N0E for not being around when he came through Kittson
County but at least I worked him for two mults later.

The truly amazing thing was being called by OM2VL at 2023Z on 40 and at 2341Z on
80! Laci must have a *very* good station.

Thanks for all the fish....uh, Qs. :>)