[3830] MnQP K1RO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 4 11:10:18 EST 2018

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K1RO
Operator(s): K1RO
Station: K1RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH

  160:       5
   80:      23
   40:      98       11
   20:      68       90
-------------------------
Total:     194      101  Mults = 80  Total Score = 47,200

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Fun contest, I really like the one day format. I think I worked 59 different 1x1
call signs. They are all so similar that I had a little trouble keeping track of
which were mobiles that I needed to check on periodically. As usual, I'm a
little too far away for 40 meters during the middle of the day, but 20 meters
was productive nearly the whole time. I almost quit around 19 or 20Z when the
Minnesota stations suddenly faded away on 20, but after an hour or so the band
came back but with lots of QSB. 80 meters was tough for me except for the last
30 minutes.

I went to FT8 for a while but spent too much time and came back to CW to find
that I had missed a couple of mobile counties. I put FT8 aside, and by the time
I came back, everyone must have worked their 10 stations...no MN stations to
work each time I checked. I only worked 7 stations on FT8, so that was a bust
for me.

Great job by the mobiles. I think I worked 11 different mobiles in 5 or more
counties, led by N0H (27), K0M (20), N0L (18) and N0S (14).