[3830] NA Sprint CW K8CN QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 4 19:13:31 EST 2018

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH

   80:   8        2
   40:  44        6
   20:  36       16
---------------------
Total:  88     Mults = 24  Total Score = 2,112

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

20 meters had the mults, and 40 was too long to add many more.  Unlike most
others, 80 was not the dominant band for me because I don't have an antenna for
that band.....one of these days I'll correct that deficiency.  Thanks to all who
persisted in getting my exchange correct given my weak signals.  Apologies to
those who heard some of my ragged paddle CW - turns out the fingerpiece on the
dash side was loose, then fell off altogether when giving a fill!  Never had
that problem before - it's a Brown Bros. BTL-A I bought while still in high
school and has been solid heretofore.

Had to bail out early due to promise made to XYL, but in truth I was relieved
not to be calling in vain on 80 meters by that time.

Congratulations again to Ken, KE3X, for another FB QRP outing!

73,
Mike, K8CN

Rig: K3 @ 5W, Lazy H (cut for 20 meters, used on the low bands only with
frustration and an ATU).