[3830] RTTY WPX NW0M SOAB TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 11 18:54:08 EST 2018

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: NW0M
Operator(s): NW0M
Station: NW0M

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 5:18

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

I had not operated RTTY since 2013 and on Saturday decided to make a few Qs.  I
was also using a new laptop so after getting everything connected and configured
I was ready to go.  Except MMTTY would not decode a single character.  I finally
gave up never determining the problem although I wonder if the fault was in the
single mic/headphone jack on the laptop.  I had the Y cable but still wonder if
that wasn't the cause somehow????

So I reverted to just using the RTTY decoding on the K3 to make a few Qs.  You
have to be pretty quick to copy the call and serial from the K3 display!!
Anyway it was still fun operating a few hours of RTTY.

K3/P3, Mosley CL 33 at 35 ft and OCF at 40 ft, N1MM+

73, Mitch
NWØM