[3830] RTTY WPX AC0C SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 11 19:48:33 EST 2018

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: AC0C
Operator(s): AC0C
Station: AC0C

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KS

   20: 1014

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to everyone for the Qs!!!

Despite marginal SFI the bands were really nice for the WPX this year,
especially on the Sunday session.  But it was so cold here (15F over the
weekend) the two amps could not keep the shack warm!  Local QRN was nil.  Some
very cool DX when running including Z60A (3 bands) and a Z21/QRP.  Gear worked
fine; no problems with the recent tower/antenna overhaul.

Murphy was around though - BSOD computer crash on the last day (sound card
driver).  And an **unending** string of logger related complications...
Probably a lot of guys I worked are wondering if I will ever learn how to use
So2r.

Is it my imagination or were the pactor ADS robots going full blast on the first
night?  Seems a prelude of things to come if the ARRL's FCC petition pushes
through.  But that's another subject for another day.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com