[3830] RTTY WPX NN4RB SOAB TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 11 20:03:25 EST 2018

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 4:24

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Returned to Parris Island, SC last week for the first time in 51 years and saw
my grandson finish Marine boot camp. Drove back in on Friday night, but did not
feel like operating a radio - including Saturday.  (Too much BIC time already.)
So, Sunday I got in the chair and put in about 4.5 hours - all S&P.  Managed
to get number 100 QSO during the last minute of the contest. Had only one
antenna to use, and that was my OCF at 40'.  It worked OK, and having only one
meant that I wasn't playing with antennas.  Looked up last year's contest report
and I put in less time by an hour and made 22 more QSOs this year than last.
So, that is a good thing.

Rick
NN4RB
NN1MM+
ICOM IC756-PROIII
OCF at 40' Fed with Ladder line and KAT500 at base