[3830] RTTY WPX NK7U(@K7JR) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 11 20:05:08 EST 2018

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): NK7U K7ZO KR7X K7MK K7ZS
Station: K7JR

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Remote Operation

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

A rather casual M/2 operation by the Snake River Remote Contesters Club. The
station is fully M/2 capable and we went that way to keep things easy even
though we knew we would not man the station for the full time. Total operator
hours were somewhere in the 44 hour range -- so each station averaged being on
the air about half the time. There were about 8 hours where both stations were
active. In part, during the day 20M was about the only game in town. There was a
reasonable 15M opening on Sunday stateside but that was about it for us. 20M was
packed with stations all the way up to 14150. Our 20M Europe opening lasted only
about 2 1/2 hours after sunrise. We had pretty good nighttime low band openings
to Asia, especially 40. There were more YB stations on 40M than any of us could
remember. Unfortunately the low bands were not quite good enough for us get
Europeans in the log.

The gang had a fun time. We missed being together in the same room together and
chatting -- RTTY contests are perfect for that. You can contest, watch sports on
TV and chat with your friends. But we had a chance to work many of them on the
air and our constant Telegram chatter was almost like being together.

See you in ARRL DX CW - we will be back using K7JR

Scott/K7ZO for the K7JR team.