[3830] RTTY WPX YP8W(YO8SEP) SOSB/80 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 11 20:25:50 EST 2018

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: YP8W
Operator(s): YO8SEP
Station: YP8W

Class: SOSB/80 QRP
QTH:

This was my 2nd CQ WPX RRTY Contest.

This year, becuase of many reasons, I've decided to participate on the 80m band
only, and it was a good idea. Propagation was good, especially on first night.

A few days before starting I've checked the last years results and a few public
logs. I did some analysis using SH5 software and set my target to 300 Q, 300k+
points. The contest started and I was surprised to find a steady rate on 30 Q/h
alternating RUN with S&P. Finished first night with 189 Q.
On Saturday I've started early, before sunset, but was hard to make QSOs with my
QRP power. Rate climbed to about 20 at midnight, but after that it went down
again. On Sunday it was better and I've finished very close to 500 Q.

A few of my notes:
- on RTTY is easier (than on SSB) to CQ as QRP because of the skimmers/RBN that
spot you automaticaly (almost imposibile to RUN on SSB)
- Using a panadapter/waterfall is easy to S&P and to find a place to start
CQ.
- Calling CQ you need patience. I've alternated S&P with RUN, but still
thing the best rates were on S&P

Equipment:
- SunSDR2 PRO, 5W
- Vertical GP. Rural area.
- N1MM+ with FLdigi, GRtty, 2Tone and MMTTY

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs!!!

73 Petronel
YO8SEP / YP8W