[3830] RTTY WPX KJ5T SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 11 22:09:14 EST 2018

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX

Club: YEGUA VALLEY CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Another contest using the temporary 4BTV which is up at the place I am house
sitting for another few weeks. My final contest there will be the NAQP RTTY and
then I will be back to wires on the balcony and QRP or playing around portable.
I love contests like this where you can work anyone and I am starting to really
love RTTY contesting, this is only my second entry in CQ WPX RTTY, my first was
in 2014 but the last few years have been pretty quiet radio wise for me.

I went in thinking I would do the full 30 hours, and I had a go al of 600
contacts, which might have been possible had I did a full time effort.  I woke
up Sunday morning with migraine so decided to instead get some rest and get some
stuff done.

15 never did really open here on Saturday, it might have been better Sunday but
if so I missed the opening there.  20 and 40 were money bands as usual on the
4BTV, I wasn't extremely aggressive when doing S&P, I am sure I missed out
on some opportunities.

Not a competitive entry, but I had fun.