[3830] ARRLDX CW N4XD SOSB/160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 11:48:44 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: NC

  160:  85     48
Total:  85     48  Total Score = 11,952

Club: Smithchart ARC

Comments:

Guess this wasn't the year to do a 160 single band entry! Prop seemed way down
perhaps because of the high A and K numbers. Sure wasn't much activity either
(perhaps for same reason).

Struggled to work many of the stations but some, like F5IN, first call. Tried
running with some success first night but stopped second night when time between
Qs extended to 10 minutes.

Discovered N1MM+ has a setting to monitor the reverse beacon network. I wasn't
aware of that from before (my fault!). Was entertaining to watch since had
plenty of time between Qs to do so :)

Thank you ARRL for your sponsorship of the contest. Usually pretty fun
And thank you to all that called or dug me out of the noise.

Equipment:
K3
Alpha 91b
Shunt fed tower