[3830] ARRLDX CW K1RX SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 17:39:58 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: W1

   20: 1517   113
   15:  136    65
   10:    7     6
-------------------
Total: 2571   394  Total Score = 3,038,922

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First semi-serious effort from the new QTH.  Wanted to establish a baseline
using some basic antennas (well, maybe in some cases not really) - a bunch of
wires in trees to form a phased Inverted L system for 160 M, 4 SQ on 80 M, a 40
M sloper off the one tower toward EU, 5 el. 20, 5 el. 15 M and a tribander south
at 35 ft. (my air cooled dummy load except it did work surprisingly well on 20).
 Aside from conditions about as poor as one could imagine, it was a fun weekend.
 Anxious to start the signal analysis and comparisons on the RBN to see how I am
stacking up with the locals.  That will be a fun review.

Already making plans to move things around and put in many more radials (each
element of the verticals (both 160 and 80) only have 12 1/4 wave radials on the
ground).  Soon will start the spring work with a lot more wire on the ground
over the wet lands.  Anxious to see how that plays.

Contest antenna farms are an incremental process - look to improve each year as
lessons learned are applied.  Being retired now, one can really enjoy the
process!

Thanks to all that found their way into the log - heard lots of really great
operators which only adds to the pleasure!

73, Mark, K1RX