[3830] ARRLDX CW W2IRT SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 18:47:39 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NJ

   20:  235   101
   15:   40    31
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  641   333  Total Score = 640,359

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

How to have a rotten contest weekend: Thursday night get 4 hours sleep. Friday
morning get up 4 hours earlier than usual, stress out over medical stuff. Be too
busy with real life to have time for a nap. Eat too much. Get second wind and
stay up until 4am on 80 and 160. Get 3.5 hours sleep. Become a zombie for the
rest of the weekend. Clear the driveway from a freak 7.5" snowstorm and be
too tired to be bothered. I just couldn't this weekend. Wanted to. Usually love
this contest in fact, but all I wanted to do was sleep.

Equipment was mostly good, except the fancy, expensive auto-tuner couldn't find
a match on my 80m vee. Both the vee and that tuner need to go away. 40 was
great. 160 was in good shape, too. 15 sucked. 10 wasn't worth the effort.
Biggest surprise was JAs and the Pacific at 3am on 80. I never ever heard them
in like that here.

I may or may not be back for the Phone version in 2 weeks. Leaning towards
"not."