[3830] ARRLDX CW K8MR SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 19:24:09 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FL

   10:   14     9
-------------------
Total:  324   184  Total Score = 178,848

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Operation from the Florida condo QTH, Cushcraft D4 dipole in second floor attic
(40-10), 65 foot vertical with minimal ground system (80) plus base loading coil
for 160. Still trying to work with condo management to figure out and cure RFI
problems from swimming pool pump area.

With crummy conditions even for a low sunspot part of the cycle, I kept plugging
away, largely working expeditions in the Caribbean. Lots of five band QSOs, but
no six banders. Must have been tough from the other end as well, as P40E tried
moving me to ten meters, but zero heard. Low bands seemed good, at least
compared to the Ohio expectations, though I did not make it to EU on 160. Only
one Asian QSO (JA on 20), no VK, two ZL, one KL7.

Glad I was at home where I could get up and leave the radio, as I did for a nice
dinner with my XYL on Saturday night and a bike ride on Sunday afternoon.

73 - Jim   K8MR