[3830] ARRLDX CW KU8E SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 19:24:42 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 28:42

Total: 1047   285  Total Score = 895,185

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3-100 / KPA500 ~ 600 watts and various wire antennas

That was really fun during the time I was on. Pretty cool to run EU on 80 and 40
meters on Sunday morning. Then later that morning on 20 meters (with a dipole
antenna!) with a huge EU pileup. I almost felt like I was back in PJ4 during
that one !! Great activity from JA too (worked JA on 80-15 meters). Only
negative was the 160 meter antenna stopped working on Saturday night with a high
SWR :( Missed a bunch of easy multiplier because of that.

I'm always amazed how well I do sometimes with simple antennas and half the
power most people are running in the HP category. I get beat out most of the
time in pileups but manage to break a fair share of them too.

CU in the next one ...  Jeff