[3830] ARRLDX CW W7RN(N6TV) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 19:32:57 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W7RN
Operator(s): N6TV
Station: W7RN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NV

   10:   14     6
-------------------
Total: 2215   308  Total Score = 2,003,232

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I've always wanted to do another all out Single Op All Band effort from Nevada,
as I did many years ago from WA7NIN.  One thing or another always prevented it
from happening, but finally this year all the pieces fell into place.  It's fun
to be a multiplier!

K5RC has been built a very fine station on a quiet mountain top between Reno and
Virginia City.  Many thanks to Tom and Midge, K7AFO, for their hospitality.  The
station details may be seen at http://www.w7rn.com .

Radio conditions were just fair, but with some surprises, both good and bad.
The bad news was 15m, with no JAs worked at all Saturday afternoon.  The good
news was the low bands, where I had a nice run of European Multipliers at their
Sunrise, on Sunday.  Having a 3 Ele Yagi and good DX Engineering receive
vertical 4 Square Arrays really helps too. :-)

It looked like I was just going miss breaking 2 MEG, but then 4E1ADW called in
on 20m with 5 minutes to spare, and he quickly agreed to move to 15m where I
still needed the mult., and that just pushed me over the top.  Thanks OM!

We started the contest in nice sunny weather, and ended it with wind and snow
flurries.  All in all, a most interesting weekend.

73,
Bob, N6TV