[3830] ARRLDX CW KH7B(K4XS) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 20:30:52 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KH7B
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7XS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Big Island

   40: 1250    60
   20: 1190    57
   15: 1347    58
   10:   36     9
-------------------
Total: 4733   296  Total Score = 4,292,904

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

First time in a truly all band contest from the new station.  The wire 4-square
on 80 and the 160 wire vertical got their baptism and seemed to work well.

Like KH6TU I was forced off the air with thunderstorms .  The last time being a
little less than an hour at the end of the contest.  I was really hoping to make
4800 Qs.  Thunderstorms are pretty rare on the Big Island so it was a surprise
to be forced off the air.

Also like KH6TU I was an alligator on 80 and 160 especially on the second night
when the thunderstorms were rolling around off shore several miles away.  My
apologies for making the guys constantly repeat sections and calls.  The crashes
could be heard all the way up to 15 meters.

10 really sucked, but we had a marginal opening into W6 Sunday around 2000Z.
All the KH6 guys were up there but not many of the W6 guys took advantage of the
opening.

One last thing.  The 80 and 160 systems were new and I'd like somecomparative
reports with KH6J and KH6LC to see how they stacked up.  RBN reports are nice
but don't tell the whole story.