[3830] ARRLDX CW K7RL SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 22:13:29 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WA

   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1284   266  Total Score = 1,024,632

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Weather played a big role this weekend, both from space and Mother Nature. Solar
disturbances weren't helpful, but losing power from heavy rain, wind and snow
was the knock out punch.

Lost all of Sunday morning due to a power outage, which is unfortunate because
the morning EU run on 20m was one of the highlights of the contest. Bummer.

Finally fixed the 160m antenna. It was sitting in the supporting tree and I
think most of the energy was going into the tree. After getting it out in the
open, I was able to work everyone I heard, except 9A1A and KP4KE. Best DX was
CU4DX.

15m was...minimal. Minimal JA and minimal everything. It's tough looking at that
low QSO and mult total.

40m was up and down. JA signals seemed to ebb and flow through the night. Had a
nice little EU run 3 hours before local sunset Saturday afternoon. Other than
that, the band was mediocre.

80m was good, but it's - you know - 80m from the Pacific Northwest. It'll never
be like working 80m from W1. Worked some EU and had nice JA runs. In fact, most
JA stations were stronger here than 40m.

10m was a bust. LW8DQ was the only station heard and worked.

Thanks to all for the Q's.

73, Mitch, K7RL