[3830] ARRLDX CW W1GD SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 19 06:57:50 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1GD
Operator(s): W1GD
Station: W1GD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Jefferson, MA

   20:  834   108
Total: 1960   404  Total Score = 2,375,520

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The problems with the rear driven element on my beam hurt me on 20M.  SWR below
about 14.080 is well over 2:1, so I only ran high in the band.  WX since CQWW CW
has been too nasty to take the beam down and fix it, but at least it works
better on SSB.

20 minutes before contest started, power glitch shut down logging PC.  When I
restarted, N1MM+ was dumb -- apparently ini file got corrupted. I got it all
patched up in time, but operated with weird fonts for most of the weekend
because I was too busy to figure out how to change them!