[3830] ARRLDX CW HI3/KC1XX SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 19 07:56:39 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: HI3/KC1XX
Operator(s): KC1XX
Station: HI3/KC1XX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Cabarete

Total:  229    96  Total Score = 65,952

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Here at the apartment in Cabarete, I can only put up 35’ of wire on a piece of
bamboo in the palm tree. The only thing that helps my signal is the ocean right
in front of it. Cabarete is on the north coast of the Dominican Republic and has
a clear shot to North America.
I apologize to the stations that I couldn’t hear but the noise is high with
bad air conditioning units and also some heavy rain storms.
Frustrating pileup on 80. I was too weak to be heard and people kept calling on
top of me. Maybe I should have gone split.
I only operated 4 hours and enjoyed kitesurfing the rest of the time.
I hope to give out some points in the phone contest.

Vy73, Matt