[3830] ARRLDX CW P40E(@P49V) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 19 13:33:19 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: P40E
Operator(s): AA5B AA7V N3DXX K9RS K2LE W2GD
Station: P49V

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Aruba

   40: 1500    60
   20: 1456    61
   15: 1234    59
Total: 5795   339  Total Score = 5,892,498

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

We intended to do m/s, then thought that m/2 might be more fun, but switched
back to m/s a few hours before the contest when we couldn't solve some nasty
inter-station interference problems.

Conditions never seemed quite right. The beverage antennas and director for the
80 M inverted V really seemed to work well but not sure the results show that.
Thanks to DL6RAI for doing a great job with the antennas and working on the
noise issues (it was pretty quiet this time). Nice to see some really good
competition in this class. Great job by all.