[3830] ARRLDX CW SN2M(SP2XF) SOSB/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 20 11:06:31 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: SN2M
Operator(s): SP2XF
Station: SN2M

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH:

Total:  422    46  Total Score = 58,236

TNX all QSO's!

Worked a lot with telnet DX cluster, so this will be a CHECKLOG this time.
Life's too short for unassisted!!!
BTW, why it this allowed for All Band operators only? If we really need cluster
spots - it's on single band, where you can get really bored 2nd day, especially
with such a poor propagation... Maybe this why I met SO MANY single band top
scorers when clicking on spots with a new multiplier???

SET UP:
2 x IC775 + PA
TX: 21m GP with 100 radials, 4 x20,5m square loop;
RX Beverages: 270, 300, 315, 330 and 0 deg (yes, this is how I wkd VY1AAA)
The 300 deg antenna is actually 2 x320m end-fire array, best RX antenna I've
ever had.

First 200 QSO's wkd in 3,5hrs, the rest was just a hard job of 2 nights and
mornings. Simply, after 4-5 weeks of amazing propagation on 80m (two weekes ago
we wkd with Mark K1RX 4hrs after my sunrise, at 10:20 UTC) now it simply
collapsed in the middle of the first night due to CME impact and rate went down
to 12-15 qso/hr. As usually, while we had almost no condx at all because of
aurora and high K-index - the guys in southern EU were still enjoying good
run... Congrats for top scores anyway, hope to see you in SSB.

73's
Mac SP2XF / SN2M