[3830] ARRLDX CW LZ9W(LZ1UQ) SO Unlimited QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 21 15:34:54 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1UQ
Station: LZ9W

Class: SO Unlimited QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1035   165  Total Score = 512,325

Congrats to V31MA for his score. Sort of rematch for Belize contesters 16 years
later when I won QRP world category over V31AH.
But this time my score was badly affected by lack of condx on 15m band here in
Europe.
Big surprise for me were the 13 QSOs I was able to make on 160m with 5 watts.
Some NA guys have really good ears and excellent RX antennas.
2 el Quad on 160m at LZ9W helped, too I guess.
Thank you to all who were patient enough to do their best to receive my 599 5,
NR 5, PWR 5 or 5 QRP.
Obviously that is part of a joy called QRP contesting.
Antennas at LZ9W did a fine job in such a poor condx.
Finally BIG THANK you, too to the boys at LZ9W for the technical support before
the contest.

73, Mitko LZ1UQ (at LZ9W)