[3830] ARRLDX CW IZ3NVR SO Unlimited QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Feb 22 05:29:54 EST 2018

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: IZ3NVR
Operator(s): IZ3NVR
Station: IZ3NVR

Class: SO Unlimited QRP
QTH:

   15:    5     5
Total:  450   108  Total Score = 145,800

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

I really missed 15m :(

ARRL DX CW is, by far, one of my favourite contests. This contest has been a
hard marathon for me. On time and "awake time" do not match. Been
awake for way more since had to prepare for a business travel starting monday.
Last year I finished second after OK2FD shy of 800 points, that definitely
pushed me for a longer BIC time.
Conditions were far from being good but had some unexpected surprises especially
on 80m with some new states worked and some heard states like MT that would have
been new ones. Unfortunately I couldn't rise their attention. Next year I will
likely operate LP and work on my state's numbers.

20m was the most productive band with a nice number of mults too. 15
unfortunately never openend althought I left the second receiver on that band
for most of Saturday and Sunday trying to get some badly needed mult. Thanks to
the few stations that, mostly on saturday, managed to pick my signal out of the
noise. 40 meters were really noisy and shutted down early during both nights. I
might need to schedule some station/antenna improvements for 7MHz. At least, try
to.

Overall I am satisfied with the result. I'm going to skip serious entries in the
upcoming contests since I'll be pretty busy with non-hamradio things. I might
give out some points nonetheless.
Thanks to all the good ears out there and hope to work you again soon.

Stefano