[3830] SCQP K3TD(K4QPL) SO MobileCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 24 22:28:02 EST 2018

                    South Carolina QSO Party

Call: K3TD
Operator(s): K4QPL
Station: K3TD

Class: SO MobileCW LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 10:20

  160:    0     0       0
   80:  218     0       0
   40:  295     0       0
   20:   49     0       0
   15:    0     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  562     0       0  Mults = 42  Total Score = 92,988

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What was going to be a leisurely start turned out to be a dash to the starting
line after the Tarheel Screwdriver couldn't find resonance points. Turned out
Murphy got into the coax jumpers overnight and a temporary power break while
connecting the second battery required an anti-theft code to restart the NAV
system. Do you remember your anti-theft code? Waking the XYL to pull the file
with the card did not make me flavor of the day. So we started 40 minutes late
as we crossed the line into MARL and then looped into CHFD before the trek East
and South along some of the worst paved roads and loudest line noise in recent
memory. Not to mention 20M was not exactly the money band we hoped for and we
had ignition noise on 15M making it a nonstarter. It was clear that low power
mobile SSB was not going to cut it this time so Tad became full time navigator
and driver with Jim being butt in back seat for the duration.
It was amazing how well everyone copied us but we left a lot of callers down in
the noise that even the K3s couldn't tame. Apologies to all we just couldn't
bring through. Although noise persisted, 40 and 80 came up strong in the
afternoon and evening to save the day. Thanks to all the friends following us in
our Great South Carolina Road Trip. I thought for sure we'd lose OM2VL when we
went to 80M but there he was calling us in every county. FB OM!!
Thanks to our friends South of The Border for organizing the first leg of a
great weekend. Looking forward to tomorrow and the NCQP.
73,
Tad, K3TD
Jim, K4QPL