[3830] CQ160 SSB OT6M Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 25 16:33:11 EST 2018

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): ON9CC PC5A
Station: OT6M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: JO20ws
Operating Time (hrs): 24:21

Total:  QSOs = 580  State/Prov = 11  Countries = 52  Total Score = 188,370

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

We started the contest setting the target at the 1997 country record (as last
year we ended just below). But since the conditions to W/VE were bad the first
night and even worse the second, we miss a about 2~3 handfull of multipliers.
Still we were ableo to work into New Mexico suprisingly, but missing many states
in the 1, 3 and 4 call region, with only PEI wkd in VE (even VY2ZM wasn't strong
and sometimes just barely audible). So we ended somewhere half-way down the
country scores. But it was 'fun' again to battle that immens QRM in THE contest
for the die-hards ;) and we gathered some BCC Frequent Contesters points.

As the farmer needed the field only very limited antennes for this contest. I
guess having at least the 8-circle for RX would have been a lot better, although
I still doubt we could have reached our target as we also didn't see lot of
EU-NA cluster spots. Listening to some other EU stations, we noticed they had
issues working stateside too. To the East, nothing futher than zone 17 was
heard/worked.

Station: IC7800 and Orion (interlocked), ACOM2000 @ 1k5W
Antennas:
TRX: full-size dipole.