[3830] NCQP WN4AFP SO Mixed QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 26 16:23:49 EST 2018

                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: SC

   80:   36     16
   40:   14      3
----------------------------
Total:   50     19      0  Mults = 43  Total Score = 8,084

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

The NCQP did all they could do and more to put on a solid NCQP for the second
half of the Carolina Weekend. I only a few hours to play in this one this year.
Nothing much on 40m from hear to NC, so I went to 80 in the late afternoon and
found many NC stations up there. I had all the letters except "N" and
"I" after the SCQP, so I thought my chances were pretty good to spell
Carolina. I picked up several "I" stations quickly, but the
"N" was very scarce. It was 0045z and things weren't and I still
didn't have my "N". I lost track of K3TD, but I worked Con, K5CM
running a county next door to Nash. I tuned all over the band seeking that
"N" station. At 0054z I heard K3TD running Nash, so I started calling.
He finally hears me at 0056z with only 3 mins left in the game. Thanks to all
the mobiles who kept us spinning the dial. Thanks to all the guys who went the
extra mile to make the Carolina Weekend a success. 73s's Dave WN4AFP