[3830] SCQP N4CW Multi-Op MobileMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 27 19:45:56 EST 2018

                    South Carolina QSO Party

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW W4TMO
Station: N4CW

Class: Multi-Op MobileMixed LP
QTH: SC (mobile)

  160:
   80:  158      1      0
   40:  360     32      0
   20:  158      4      0
----------------------------
Total:  676     37      0  Mults = 105  Total Score = 289,275

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We were late starting, having stopped for breakfast and not allowing enough lead
time! Not learning the lesson, we spent too much time on dinner in Greenwood.
What can I say? We enjoy our food! I'll have to bring the XYL to that town so we
can check it out; first impressions are that it's a lovely community - a small
city with character.

Once we got started, we quickly developed a "following": OM2VL stuck
with us for 34 Q's, cw AND fone, K0AP-24, K2DSW-22, K1RO and K1GQ both 18, etc.
etc. It was great being on the receiving end of renewable pileups!!! AND yes,
N4CW did get on SSB. Jim, W4TMO, drove most of the time, but he got to operate
for quite a while, all on CW; his CW practice sessions have really paid off. He
copied some pretty fast calls and exchanges without error. What a son-in-law!

We did have problems initially with our roof mount antenna; SWR and got rf into
the computer, freezing it up solid, requiring a re-boot. Three times then we
changed 20M to the trailer hitch mounted antenna. That solved the problem until
later when we installed a choke in the rooftop antenna coax. That fixed the
problem.

Our thanks to WN4AFP, N4IQ, and KG4IGC for managing this fun event. And thanks
to all who shared the adventure with us by providing Q's and support - it's all
appreciated.

73, Bert, N4CW and Jim, W4TMO