[3830] TBDC KJ0D(@AC0C) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 1 12:21:08 EST 2018

Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KJ0D
Operator(s): KJ0D
Station: AC0C

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 9:30

Total:  QSOs = 542  Total Score = 1,965

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Inaugural 160m contest @ AC0C with the new full size (rohn 25G) 160m vertical.
Approx 80 buried radials.  I climbed this tower 2x pulling off the crane sling
and adding dacron rope pulleys for Jeff's new 80m elevated wire 4 square. Clear
shots NE for at least 3 miles before obstructions enters the signal path! A
slight hill to the west but didn't seem to slow down the # of 6 land calling.
Also worked KH6 easily on 1st call.   Sig reports from the east coast were 20-30
db over S9.  Heard EU calling me on several occasions but just couldn't pull
alot of you out.  Thanks to all those across the pond who did have the patience
to stay will me.  I did not operate the full event and I am sure I missed out on
a huge JA run near sunrise,  but will never know! In any event I would call this
antenna a success.  Sat on one freq for over 5 hours before the run's dried up!
I hadn't been on the air since Field day 2017' and usually operate internet
remotes.  Fun to have an actual rig in front of me for a change instead of a
radio "skin".

Eric KJ0D