[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jan 3 11:14:45 EST 2018

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jan 3

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il

Total:  126  Mults = 102  Total Score = 12,852

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Started on 80. It took a couple minutes for anyone to find me calling CQ.   Band
was open to both coasts, but not a ton of activity or loud signals.  Found out
later I was spotted in OH, but did not work him.  Nice grayline path apparently.
 At 1329Z I noticed there were few signals, so went to 40.  Accidentally used
the inverted vee at 30 ft.  Actually, this was good because I could not hear a
lot of the west coast off the back of the beam.  It will be good to eventually
have two receivers so I can easily compare signal strength and figure out band
changes better.  40 was good, but I was surprised that there were not gray line
callers.
Went to 20 for the last few minutes and found 11 mults, mostly brand new guys in
Europe.  Signals were not particularly good on 20 and not too many there, but
the mults are nice.  This is a missed opportunity since I am not SO2R yet.