[3830] RTTY Roundup AB5EB M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 7 19:40:44 EST 2018

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AB5EB
Operator(s): WQ5C NK5P AD5A AB5EB
Station: AB5EB

Class: M/S LP
QTH: TX

Total: 1222  State/Prov = 62  Countries = 40  Total Score = 124,644

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was the first contest from my new station setup at AB5EB. The station
consist of:
Ant 4 stack JK midsize tribanders
    2 stack JK 2 Ele 40m beams (top at 170ft)
    Full wave 80m dipole at 80ft
Rig ICOM 756PROIII (Thanks WQ5C)

A big thanks goes out to Hector XE2K/AD6D for his excellent work in helping me
build this station. There is still work to be done but we are going in the right
direction. Also big thanks to Mike WQ5C who spent the two weeks prior to the
contest trying to figure out the bugs with the IC7600 and N1MM. We ultimately
decided to go with his PROIII since we could make N1MM work with it.

It has been a long time since I have done a RTTY Round Up and it was a lot of
fun getting back into this contest. I think we could have been a little more
aggressive chasing the multipliers but it is hard to leave while running
stations.

I also would like to thank Alan NK5P and my father AD5A for coming out and
helping run the station. Looking forward to doing many more contest with these
guys.

73

Mike AB5EB