[3830] RTTY Roundup N3QE SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 7 20:20:35 EST 2018

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD

Total: 1558  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 65  Total Score = 190,076

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This is a SUBSTANTIAL increase (twelve percent or more) over my scores from
previous years.

Very likely, the bitterly cold weather really boosted a lot of NA participation.
Nothing makes a better shack heater than a 3CX1500A7 at 60% CQ RTTY duty cycle
at legal limit!

The poor conditions on 40M after dark drove folks to 80M where my station is the
strongest. 80M really played well in this contest.

40M kind of peaked an hour before sunset each night, and then got really useless
for almost anything after it got dark in W6. Saturday night though, it did
become useful both regionally and to EU again around my midnight or so, and
there was a very nice boost into EU at and after their sunrise.

I like to use the online scoreboards to keep my BIC by picking a local
competitor who is also on the scoreboard, that I try to keep up with. You can
W3LL getting an early jump on me Saturday afternoon, then I catch up to him
Saturday night, and I succeed through much of Sunday morning at staying ahead of
him, before I took some required offtime and he took the lead for good Sunday
afternoon, at this link:  http://n3qe.org/2018-rtty-ru-w3ll-n3qe.png . This was
superb motivation for me to keep my BIC!