[3830] RTTY Roundup W8AT(@NW8U) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 7 20:48:23 EST 2018

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W8AT
Operator(s): W8AT NW8U
Station: NW8U

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 23:55

Total: 1182  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 43  Total Score = 118,200

This is our 3rd year as a multi single operating from NW8U's camp. 2015 &
2016 we operated with my old call N8VCF. We didn't experience any technical
difficulties  this year other than the cold, Sunday morning was -7F.  This year
we were just about equal to last year only falling 17 Q's shy of last year but
with +5 mults. Score was also +4295. 15 meters was absolutely dismal,only 33 Q's
and had to dig for most of them. 80 was our money band this year with 20 not far
behind. Big thanks to everyone we worked and a pat on the back for those that
spotted us. Being at the beginning of solar minimum 2018 radio sporting doesn't
look that promising; but maybe it will force all of us to hone our skills and
make us better contesters. Until the next one stay safe, stay warm, and may the
propagation gods smile on you.