[3830] RTTY Roundup WA3EKL M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 7 22:16:44 EST 2018

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WA3EKL
Operator(s): WA3EKL KG4USN KB3VQC W3UL
Station: WA3EKL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MD

Total:  646  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 50  Total Score = 69,122

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We were all saddened to hear the news that K3LP became a Silent Key this
weekend.

It was an interesting contest.  We managed more q’s and more mult’s than
last year plus all 50 states and lot of Canadians.  After the 07:00 to 11:00 GMT
rest break we didn’t dare turn the rotors for fear of cracking the outer
covering of the coax service loops because the temperature at ground level here
was zero degrees F. and stayed that way until about 14:00 GMT.  Plus we just
recently replaced a rotor due to bad grease that had turned hard and stiff
during the first cold snap we had this winter.  Even though the beams weren’t
turned in the most ideal direction we did very well with the nominal band
conditions.  We had good runs on all bands with no activity on 10.  Many thanks
to all who contacted us and see you in NAQP the next two weekends.

73

The WA3EKL Contest Team.