[3830] RTTY Roundup NW6P M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 8 00:28:40 EST 2018

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NW6P
Operator(s): W9KKN WX5S KG6DQL
Station: NW6P

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Cupertino, CA

Total: 1282  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 47  Total Score = 133,328

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Special thanks to Tom (NW6P) for graciously hosting us at his station!

A brand new primary feed line freshly installed (addressing the issues from
Sweepstakes) just in time for the rain -- everything worked famously, and
conditions were a lot better than I remembered them last year.

This multi-single effort consisted of W9KKN (Bill), WX5S (Matt), and someone
entirely new to RTTY and contesting, KG6DQL (Rafael.) He made a few mistakes you
would expect every absolute beginner would make when faced with a >100 Q/hr
rate, but we didn't let him give up, and once he got the hang of it, he was
hooked. Nothing quite like learning to swim in the ocean with the sharks and
it's FB to see new people getting interested in contesting.

Lots of cut numbers, please copies, and very long exchanges with unnecessary
information going on. Had a few macro-related issues of our own, as well more
than a few flubs related to call stacking, but got the N1MM+ setup operating
more and more smoothly as the contest progressed.

Had an excellent run toward the end beaming to Japan on 20 meters!

73 & Thanks for all the Q's everyone!
-- Bill/W9KKN