[3830] RTTY Roundup KB1RI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 8 14:01:30 EST 2018

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KB1RI
Operator(s): KB1RI
Station: KB1RI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC

Total:  652  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 37  Total Score = 58,680

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Satisfying results for my second time running this contest despite a conflict
with my grandsons birthday party that ended the contest for me at noon Sunday.
Came up ten short of doubling my SOLP Q's from last year on 6 hours less
operating time with substantially more DX mults.  I added SO2R capabilities that
helped to add a handful of mults.  However, some gremlins showed up at the last
minute.  My new SPE 1.3K amp worked great on the primary radio.  But, discovered
my trusty 30 year old Kenwood TL-922 attached to my second radio wouldn't key
up.  Cost me a 15 minute late start trying to figure out what went wrong.
Defaulted to LP on the 2nd radio for mult chasing.  A few hours into the contest
my #1 radio wouldn't switch into transmit.  Cost me almost 90 minutes
troubleshooting to discover that N1MM+ wouldn't key the radio only when it was
on 40M until I made a Q on another band.  Something odd is happening with the
SO2R keying that I need to figure out. Likely some configuration or SW feature I
don't understand.  I didn't get all the SO2R automated antenna switching
projects done before the holidays, so I limited my #2 radio to a multi-band
Inv-L.  Hope to clear up the current gremlins and get the automated switching
done before the NAQP contests.  Operator still needs a lot more work too!
Thanks for all the Q's it was still a lot of fun.