[3830] RTTY Roundup W4GO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 8 20:26:55 EST 2018

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W4GO
Operator(s): W4GO
Station: W4GO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 22:38

Total: 1106  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 55  Total Score = 121,660

Running high power for the first time in a contest. What a difference.

Going forward, I will need to adjust my strategy a bit to make the most of HP.
More running, less S&P. With HP, it seems the mults have a greater tendency
to find you. It happened quite a few times that I would pick up a semi-rare mult
when doing S&P, only to work the mult again later when running.

Enjoyed decent band conditions considering the low SFI. Good but not great
openings to EU on 80, 40 and 20 m. On 15 m, worked two EU stations, a few SA and
two KH6.

Good to hear plenty of W1, 8, 9, 0 and VE stations on the air despite
sub-sub-zero temps up north. Hope those rotators were at least frozen at a
useful heading.

Thanks for the QSOs. 73.