[3830] RTTY Roundup WQ6X(@NX6T) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 9 00:40:54 EST 2018

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 19
Remote Operation

Total:  654  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 22  Total Score = 49,050

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another WQ6X remote operation from NX6T in Fallbrook.
I ran a K3 into an ACOM 2000a dialed back to about 550 watts in
order to keep the heat levels down in the ham shack.
Having access to C-31 and Stepp-IR yagis for the high bands and
2 elements on 40 made all the difference
While numerous CQ's on 10-meters yielded no QSOs, 80 & 40 made up
for it; especially receiving calls from Europe at 01:30z on 40-meters.

My biggest frustration was how many stations were in a different state
than the call number would indicate.  Where were all the "rare"
Canadian
stations and RI & VT?
Look for a writeup of this GiG in an upcoming WQ6X Contest
BLOG entry: WQ6X.Blogspot.Com