[3830] RTTY Roundup WA8WZG Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 9 10:57:40 EST 2018

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WA8WZG
Operator(s): WA8WZG
Station: WA8WZG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ARIZONA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  400  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 13  Total Score = 23,200

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Been Licensed for 50 years, Never decoded an RTTY signal!! Decided to give this
Contest a try. With the help of Bob , KI8A, I got enough info to get me up to
speed quickly. Some hook up issues, wanted to do FSK, but in all the JUNK I
have, did not have an 8 pin din!! so used AFSK. I made a couple of S&P
contacts , then started to run, had good success with only 80 watts, so I
decided just to run LP.
was surprised on what I could work on LP..not much for me into EU, seemed to
drop out quick..JA'S were abundant late in contest though. In All I had a great
time, a lot more to learn about this mode, but will definitely operate more
RTTY!!
Thanks again Bob , KI8A, for talking an old dog like me into trying new tricks!!